- FLA News
The new National Professional Qualification in Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL) has launched! This qualification focuses on the key challenges early years leaders and childminders face in their role. By covering 7 topics, through a mix of self-study, group coaching sessions, and face-to-face training sessions it will help you gain confidence and develop skills in:
• Developing your leadership style.
• Delivering high-quality early education and care.
• Organisational management.
• Giving constructive feedback to parents.
• Enhancing the expertise of your staff and supporting their development.
• Working with children who have additional and special educational needs.
Therefore, you and your setting will benefit from:
• Ensuring all children experience success.
• Delivering a high-quality and ambitious curriculum.
• Managing resources and budgeting effectively.
• Knowing what improvement approaches to use.
• Learning with people from different early years settings, allowing you to build your network and share best practice.
Early years professionals helped design this course so it fits around busy schedules. On average you will need to spend between 1-2 hours per week working towards your NPQ.
Because the NPQEYL is a high-quality, accredited CPD course it complements existing early years qualifications which are directly linked to ratios. Additionally, the NPQEYL fills a key gap identified by current and aspiring early years leaders by strengthening early years-specific teaching methods.
Full DfE funding, with no cost to the participant, is available. You are eligible for a fully-funded place on this course if you are a leader, or aspiring leader, qualified to at least level 3 with a full and relevant qualification. You will also need to be employed in a:
• Maintained nursery school in England.
• Preschool class or nursery that’s part of a maintained school in England.
• Pre-school class or nursery that’s part of an independent school in England providing free early years entitlements places.
• Nursery that is registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register.
• Or working as a childminder with leadership responsibilities working with early years children and registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register or with a registered Childminder Agency.
Our NPQEYL offer is written by EDT and Pen Green Children’s Centre, an Early Years Stronger Practice Hub, so you can be sure specialist subject knowledge, experience, and evidence underpin this qualification. The FLA can offer you support in deciding whether the NPQEYL is the right choice for you and your setting. If the
course is appropriate for you, and with agreement from your chosen Lead Provider, you may be able to self-fund the NPQEYL if you are not eligible for DfE funding.