Welcome to the RSHE Hub log in area
Our programme includes fee-funded and apprenticeship routes with a focus on mentorship, delivered in partnership with:
The Institute of Education is an established provider of high-quality training and research. It is ranked 9th in the UK for Education and is committed to developing caring, reflective, professional teachers, it has well-established partnerships with over 400 schools in Berkshire and surrounding areas.
Postgraduate teaching apprenticeships are a new, nationally-recognised, work-based route into teaching. This salaried training route is aimed at graduate career changers, unqualified teachers, teachers, and/or teaching assistants.
Primary postgraduate ITT offers applicants the opportunity to gain QTS with the option of a PGCE. This route is also school-based for graduates with less experience of working in schools, leading classes, and taking responsibility for teaching on a regular basis.
This course is for teaching assistants and support staff in early years and primary school. It will also be of interest to teachers returning to work, newly qualified teachers, as well as providing a refresher for current teachers. Parents of children in schools may also find this course useful in helping them to support and encourage their children’s learning.
Below are links giving further information on training to be a teacher:
The programme is designed to ensure that trainee teachers meet the standards to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and provides them with insights into teaching beyond the Teacher standards.
Developing trainees into effective practitioners who will make a positive contribution to the teaching profession. Trainees will be able to demonstrate appropriate professional attributes, strong subject and pedagogical knowledge, and ability to plan and teach effectively.
Transforming lives through education and our courses ensure that trainees become:
Trainee teachers will experience different contexts and key stages within the primary phase alongside opportunities to visit other phases and the special education sector.
Trainee teachers spend 70% of their training in their host school with regular training sessions at the lead school or at University of Reading. The remaining 30% of the programme is a five-week, contrasting second placement in during the spring term.